Lewis Vermont is an unincorporated town in Essex County, located in the beautifully scenic Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, an area that National Geographic selected as part of their geotourism program for sustainable destinations. The town was named for landholders Nathan, Sevignior and Timothy Lewis.
The town was never formally incorporated since it never gained a sufficiently large permanent population. Since the 1910 census, the town had a total population of zero. It last reported a population of 8 in 1900 census. The town has no local government and the town's affairs are handled by a state-appointed supervisor.