Stratton is a town in Windham County, in the "Southern Vermont" region of the State. Not much is known about the origin of the town's name except that Benning Wentworth named the area before it was settled.
The town is home to Stratton Mountain School, which began in 1972 and specializes in academic and athletic excellence. It is also home to Stratton Mountain, the tallest peak in Southern Vermont, and Stratton Mountain Resort, the first ski resort to allow snowboarding.
Some notable residents of the area include Olympic snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis, world champion snowboarder Ross Powers, and the poet & novelist Robert Penn Warren.
Whether you're looking for somewhere to settle in for a winter retreat, a home base during a snowy adventure, or a truly wonderful New England summer vacation, Stratton, Vermont has everything you need.
3K & 5K Snowshoe Walk 3K Snowshoe Race Kids Snowshoe Dash The Snowshoe for the Cure will raise significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. This event is unique in the fact that 100% of the net proceeds are allocated to our mission. 75 percent of the net income stays in Vermont and New Hampshire to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 percent of the net income supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program.