Wardsboro Vermont is located about 25min north of Wilmington, on Route 100 in the "Southern Vermont" region of the state. The town includes the villages of Wardsboro Center, West Wardsboro, and South Wardsboro.
Named for its original grant and charter holder, William Ward of Newfane, Wardsboro was divided into two districts in 1788 and the southern portion became Dover in 1810. When he US Post Office dropped the "ugh" from town names in 1894, Wardsborough became Wardsboro.
Most of Wardsboro is located within the Green Mountain National Forest, about 6 miles north of Mount Snow, and less than 10 miles south of Stratton.