Quantcast
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



When: 10/08/18 - 10/08/18       Time: 8:00 AM

Where: Green Mountain Horse Association       City: South Woodstock, VT

Price: Standard: April 3-August 31, Adults/Survivors $25 and Youth $20 Last Chance: September 1- October 6, Adults/Survivors $30 and Youth $25 Please note that online registration will close on October 6th at 5 PM. Day of event, Monday, October 8, In Person registration fees: Adults $35 and Youth $30

Description: The 9th Annual Susan G. Komen Ride for the Cure® is a 6- or 9-mile pleasure horseback ride, raising funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrating breast cancer survivorship and honoring those who have lost their battle with the disease. The Ride will be held rain or shine. Registration and light-breakfast refreshments open at 8 AM. A MANDATORY ride briefing will begin at 9 AM. Riders must start the course between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM (either 6 or 9 miles). Lunch will be available at a nominal fee ($5) begining at 12:30 PM. Day stalls ($10) and overnight stabling ($25 for GMHA members, $40 for non-members) are available. Please reserve your spot by contacting Lois Whidden at lswhidden@vermontel.net or (802) 869-2629 before October 5th. Payment for stalls will be made at registration on the day of the Ride. Registered riders will receive a Komen Ride for the Cure® t-shirt, gift bag, opportunity to buy Raffle Tickets and a great feeling! 75 % of the net proceeds raised through the Komen Vermont Ride stay local in the Affiliate service area to help fund local programs offering breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remaining 25 % of the net proceeds support the Susan G. Komen® National Research Grants Program.

Contact Name: Linda Maness

Phone: 802-362-2733       Email: LManess@KomenNewEngland.org

Related Link: http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/RidefortheCureHorse/HAR_NewEngland?pg=entry&fr_id=7242

See All Events

Vermont.com Recommends